We are pleased to announce that the fifth edition of d’Next Artist Project will be in May 2017! We proudly anticipate granting accessible performing opportunities to local emerging artists by supporting them in the early stages of their career, furnishing them with a free stage as well as providing valuable performance opportunities to encourage their artistic growth. T&C apply.
WHO CAN APPLY - The application is now closed. -
• Applicants must be Malaysians
• Students / Undergraduates
• Emerging artists (fresh graduates of any kind of performing arts majors within 3 years)
• Amateur artists (e.g. if you’re an experienced dancer and would like to direct a drama, yes, you fit the bill!)
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Originality, creativity and expressiveness in your proposed work in theatre, dance and music
• Work duration: 15 to 20 minutes for each performance (Do something really awesome with your time here!)
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
STEP 1: Download and fill out the d’Next Artist Project Application Form.
STEP 2: State the subject as [d’Next Artist Project – “Applicant Name”] and email the completed form to email@example.com. All applications must be SUBMITTED to us by Sunday, 18th December 2016. Bear in mind that your performance does not necessarily has to be finished by this time.
STEP 3: Expecting our confirmation. You will be invited to present your proposed work in an interview.
STEP 4: Selected artists will proceed to the production schedule.
*Please only use the online form for your submission. Incomplete or late submissions will not be considered.
INTERVIEW & PRESENTATION
All applicants must make themselves available on the day of their presentation to be interviewed by the artistic committee.
Date: 3rd January 2017
Venue: Damansara Performing Arts Centre (DPAC)
• First Preview: 28th February 2017 (70% of work completed)
• Second Preview: 28th March 2017 (work completed)
• Production week: 1st – 7th May 2017
• Show days: Friday to Sunday with 3 shows (DPAC reserves the right to add another show if necessary.)
•You are advise to read our guidelines before completing our online application form.
• Make sure you update your version of Reader or Acrobat to Adobe Reader DC.
BOX OFFICE HOURS
Monday to Friday 11.00 am - 6.00 pm (1.00 pm - 2.00 pm Lunch Hour)
Saturday and Sunday including Public Holidays (only for scheduled shows) 2 hours before the show starts
Address: H-01, DPAC, Empire Damansara, Jalan PJU 8/8, Damansara Perdana, 47820 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.