Dancer's Training Programme (DTP) is a pre-professional educational dance programme organised by Damansara Performing Arts Centre (DPAC), which aim to provide professional practice for young and passionate dancers. It is also as a stepping stone to further pursue education or career professional learning institutions and in related fields in the industry. You will encounter a broad range of contemporary dance or classical ballet forms and gain exciting insight into dance’s histories, influences and contexts.
• Major in Performance Studies (Ballet or Contemporary): emphasis is on the study of Dance Technique, Repertory Study, Movement Study and related Liberal Arts with visiting international guest tutors and choreographers.
• Dance-company based educational programme, where full-time students will present a final showcase, as part of the in-house production of DPAC – ‘D for Dancing’.
• 18 weeks of intensive study, Monday to Friday
Half Day Programme: 9.30am - 1.15pm
Technique classes only: 9:30am - 11:30am
• Upon completion of DTP: A certificate of completion of programme from DPAC of completing the programme (stated courses of the season).
• Courses of Study: Ballet, Contemporary, Contemporary Ballet, Repertoire, Improvisation, Contact Improvisation, Choreography, History of Dance, Anatomy, Laban Movement Analysis, Labanotation and Music for Dance.
WHAT YOU'LL STUDY
ASSESSMENT Modules are assessed in a format that is most suited to the content and structure of each. We therefore use a variety of assessment methods, such as paper exams, assignments, presentations and performances.
Our programmes are well resourced and include the lecture room, mini performing arts library (books, audios and visual discs), dance studios laid with professional vinyl floor and the state-of-the-art DPAC.
We're proud to say that DTP 2014 Graduates are continuing their interest:
• Taipei National University of the Arts for a Masters in Dance Theory - Silver Yee • Hong Kong Academy of Performing Arts for a Bachelors in Dance - Cindy Ng Pei Foong • Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts in Perth, Australia - Maryann Fatima
•Contemporary Dance at Deakin University, Australia; DPAC Dance Company Apprentice Dancer 2014 - Wendy Lim Wei Ni
• Akademi Seni Budaya Dan Warisan Kebangsaan (ASWARA) Fakulti Tari - Choong Hoei Tzin
• Dancers of DPAC Dance Company; Ballet Teachers of Dance Space- Hanaa Tan Qiao Han, Lim Jie Jing
•Gymnastic and dance instructor - Foong Jia Yan
Address: H-01, DPAC, Empire Damansara, Jalan PJU 8/8, Damansara Perdana, 47820 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.